Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Trouble

Yesterday was the first time we were actually given a hard time about taking Natalie anywhere with us. We went to see Clydee Peeling's Reptiland up near Williamsport PA. We bought our tickets and no problem. Went in and watched the venomous exhibit they did and Carlisle was psyched beyond belief to see a cobra up close. Natalie wasn't so much and didn't like it when they brought out the milksnake for everyone to touch. Anyways they have a little cafe similar to a Subway. We go in and order and this lady comes at us like a bat out of hell, saying she was sure animals even service animals were not allowed in the food prep area. My wife politely said that yes they were. She got all stuffy. I replied Maam, that service dogs are allowed in the area and could show her the state law which is on the back of Natalie's tags. She stormed off and said she was going to go find out. We ordered our food in the meantime. We decided to eat outdoors and in that time another manager lady was there. My wife asked if there was a problem and explained to her that it embarrassed her, me and Carlisle. She shrugged it off. You can read the review my wife did if you google clyde peeling reptiland and read her review.

Overall this experience has been everything we had hoped it would be and are grateful to have Natalie in our lives.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dystopiagirl said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

August 15, 2010 at 8:27 AM  
Blogger bmom said...

Can you link the review to me? I was thinking about taking my daughter there and we have a service dog, ourselves so I'm inetrested to hear what your wife had to say! We haven't had any experiences with this just yet.

August 15, 2010 at 8:33 AM  
Blogger ScoutBlueEyes said...

I'm glad your son got his therapy dog. I believe the therapy dogs make a big difference.

I wonder if the waitress or owner realized they violated your child's civil rights. That is an ADA violation. If you want to read some ADA complaints and resolutions, go to www.ada.gov/enforce.html.

September 12, 2010 at 8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com
Google