Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Sunday we were at my Mom's house and kept hearing a steam whistle. She lives near the railroad tracks, but this one was off in the distance. Jonathan being a huge train lover wanted to go find the steamie. We ended up here . Jonathan absolutely loved it, although the steam whistle up close was a little much for him. Also going on was a classic car show. Within the past 4 months Jonathan has become so anxious about knowing every car name, especially when we are driving. The car show made it very easy for me to name them since there was an announcer. Reaaly wish that announcer was with me in the car sometimes to call out ones I miss.

Tomorrow is a big day for us. We are headed to Hershey Park. Jonathan was very excited to find out today about the trip. I showed him numerous youtube POV (point of view) videos of the roller coasters he could ride. He was estatic. When we take our trips to amusement parks we found out that our doctor could give us a letter that we take to the customer relations people who in turn give us a special pass for Jonathan. The pass allows for Jonathan to enter through the exit and get on the rides first. I will let you know how the day went tomorrow evening, only worry is too much vestibular stimulation.


And finally a very huge and grateful thank you for those who have donated.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, I've read a couple of your posts and I've enjoyed the blog thusfar. What are your thoughts on the Cornell study tying Autism to watching television?

August 29, 2007 at 8:14 AM  
Blogger jcal said...

I've not had a chance to read it or hear about it. I've just tracked the paper down and will read it this evening. Thanks for the information and I will report back on what I can.

September 5, 2007 at 4:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com
Google